Communities for Children Murraylands is facilitated by ac.care in Murray Bridge and works in collaboration with our community partners, committee and key stakeholders to deliver positive and sustainable outcomes for children and families in the regions of the Rural City of Murray Bridge (including Callington), Mid-Murray and Coorong Districts.
Communities for Children's community partners aim to improve the health and well-being of families and the development of young children, from before birth through to age 12 years. They aim to create strong child-friendly communities that understand the importance of children and apply this capacity to maximise the health, well-being and early development of young children at the local level. Events and workshops are on the ac.care CfC Murraylands Facebook page.
Our community partners are
- Aspire – Children’s Development and Wellbeing - Aspire is a partnership of two allied health professionals (Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist) specialising in paediatrics and delivery of early learning and development support to children and parents. They also offer information sessions aimed at service providers currently working with young children to give further understanding of issues faced by parents and children ie: behavioural issues, skills development and child’s wellbeing.
- Centacare – A number of programs and activities are delivered by our Community Partner through our Fathers and Families Program. The program aims to support families to prepare for children before birth and to build knowledge and understanding to support parents in their role. Promoting the importance of positive fathering in the development of children and the family as a whole is provided. Activities such as Ante-Natal sessions, Family nights, Beyond Kayaking and Parenting programs are some of our services on offer.
- Mid Murray Support Service Inc./Mannum Community Hub – Communities for Children Murraylands has partnered with the Mannum Community Hub to build and strengthen working partnerships for families living in the Mid Murray Region, offering activities and programs for families and children 0 to 12 years. Activities such as School Holiday Activities, Parent Child Mother Goose Supported Playgroup, Parenting under Pressure support and more.
- Schools' Ministry Group – Delivering the Wellbeing Classroom, which is a school based positive early intervention framework for children 4 to 12 years, their families and their wider communities. The model provides multiple social and emotional learning tools and resources based on the latest research.
- Tailem Bend Community Centre – The Tailem Bend Community Centre provides educational and social opportunities for their local community. Communities for Children Murraylands have partnered with the Tailem Bend Community Centre and offer a range of activities and programs for families and children aged 0 to 12 years living in the Coorong region. Programs such as Parent Child Mother Goose Supported Playgroup, School Holiday Activities, parenting programs and more.
Australian and International evidence confirms that the early years of a child’s life are a critical time in their development and the foundations for learning, behaviour and health.
Who is this for?
Children aged birth to 12 years and their families
About the service
CFC activities and programs are developed through prior community consultation and delivered by our subcontracted Community Partners.
Communities for Children Community Partners are also required to deliver approved evidence based programs and in the Murraylands we offer the following:
- Joining the Dots…..Getting ready for Kindy
- The Wellbeing Classroom
- 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching
- Bringing up great kids
- Tuning in to kids
- Seasons for Growth
- Parent Child Mother Goose Supported Playgroup
- Parenting Under Pressure
All Communities for Children activities and programs are FREE
ac.care Murray Bridge
8531 4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Communities for Children is funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services.