Early Childhood Educator
$24-27 per hr (Part Time)
ac.care is seeking an experienced Early Childhood Educator to work collaboratively as a team member within the organisation to provide secure, safe and stimulating care to children at Minya Porlar Creche. This role will promote a warm and inclusive environment for children, and provide quality education and care services for children and families, as well as lead and support fellow educators in a timely and professional manner.
As part of this you will:
- Coordinate and participate in the review, development and implementation of frameworks, policies, guidelines.
- Design and deliver programs that provide a diverse and interesting range of experiences and routines appropriate and responsive to the needs of each child in care.
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate programs for individual children or groups.
- Actively support co-workers in the provision of quality child care that meets the needs of children and supports their learning in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Plan and facilitate the inclusion of children with additional needs.
- Coordinate feedback, complaints and contributions from children and families to drive the continual improvement of centre services.
- Develop relationships with other staff and families and engage in professional communication with families and guardians.
- Ensure the quality of service through active participation in supervision and training, to ensure services provided are ethical, of a high standard and fulfil the requirements of the funding body
- Maintain accurate and appropriate documentation and statistical data in accordance with program and funding body requirements e.g. rosters, timesheets, employee, client and financial records, workplace compliance, training and development etc.
- Ensure a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children in the provision and maintenance of optimum health and safety conditions.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, legal and ethical obligations and participate in compliance and quality assurance audits.
Your Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent
- Experience in observing, programming and planning to meet children’s individual needs.
- Ability to implement the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Framework (NQF).
- Experience working with and being sensitive to the needs of children, parents or guardians, acting with diplomacy, tact, empathy, privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with children in a positive, sensitive and respectful manner.
- Great oral and written communication skills building rapport and maintaining a positive relationship promoting cultural diversity.
- Experience working in a team environment, managing time effectively, setting priorities, planning and organising workloads and that of other staff and/or students where supervision is required.
- $24-27 per hr
- 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email email@example.com
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [L4 ECE – MB]
- a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience of the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 9th February 2020.
Downloads: Job Description