Foster Care Placement Support Worker
$65,000 – $70,000
FTE – Multiple Positions
About the role
ac.care is seeking experienced Foster Care Placement Support Workers (FCPSW) to work collaboratively as team members to engage and deliver services and support to foster care households and children in placement across the Murraylands. As part of this you will:
- Assist Manager with planning and co-ordination of program activities.
- Identify and contribute to program/service delivery performance outcomes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of frameworks, policies, procedures and other resources to achieve outcomes.
- Manage risk in accordance with ac.care policies and procedures and Legislative requirements.
- Work effectively with the Manager and other members as part of ‘one ac.care team’.
- Work collaboratively, developing respectful and compassionate relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes e.g. Department for Child Protection, birthparents, carer household, professionals and/or other carers or significant community people.
- $65,000 – $70,000
- Full Time
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary or formal qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in Social Work, Social Science, Community Services or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in case management, case noting, assessment and referral.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the effects of trauma and abuse, attachment issues and behaviour management in relation to children in care.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training programs and presentations.
- Demonstrated use of self-reflective practices that build understanding of how personal experiences shape values, beliefs and responses to children, families and colleagues
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality and privacy, including the principles of sharing information about children and families.
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication both oral and written with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email email@example.com
In support of your application please include:
- Subject line: Your Name: [FCPSW – MB]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience relating to the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For more information and a copy of the position description or call Dani Atkinson Manager Foster Care Service on 08 8724 5400.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 21 June 2020.