HIPPY Home Tutor
$34.26 per hour
About the role
ac.care is seeking a HIPPY (Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngster) Tutor to provide an early childhood enrichment and parenting program for children and parents that runs over a two year period. As part of this you will:
- Help foster a love of learning in children
- Promote cognitive and social development and enhance school readiness
- Develop a relationship with families supporting the development of new skills and confidence as their child’s first teacher
- Help prepare the child for a successful start in the school setting
- Assist co-ordinator and team with planning and direction of program
- Promote positive relationships with parents, family and community through positive support and encouragement
- Record progress of work by keeping effective records as required by the program and funding requirements
- $34.26 per hour
- Casual position
- 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with Aboriginal peoples, their families and communities
- Experience working with Aboriginal families and children, and/or lived experience
- A belief that every person has the right to make their choices and to be treated with respect and dignity
- Highly developed communication skills listening, verbal and written
- A sound understanding of complex social issues affecting families and their impact on individuals and communities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, with empathy and sensitivity promoting cultural diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning
- Ability to use a range of software packages, including MS Office suite.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email email@example.com
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [HT – RL]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience relating to the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Please call Robin Wright on 08 8580 5323 for more information.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 8 March 2020.