Homelessness Client Support Worker
$65,000 – $70,000
About the role
ac.care is seeking a Homelessness Client Support Worker to work collaboratively as a team member in the Murraylands Homelessness team. The Homelessness Client Support Worker is responsible for providing case management support to all clients currently living in short term transitional and supported housing.
As part of this you will:
- Apply a case work service that is client centres, respectful and specific to the client’s circumstances
- Communicate effectively and assist in the implementation of programs that enhance client’s practical living and conflict resolution
- Work collaboratively, developing respectful and compassionate relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes
- Keep accurate and appropriate documentation (case notes) and data in accordance with program and funding body requirements
- Promote and deliver the Tenancy Education Program
- Maintain case file as required by ac.care, provide written reports maintain confidentiality.
- Monitor and identify gaps in short term transitional or supported housing placements
- Facilitate access to education and training for clients
- Full Time
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary or formal qualifications e.g. Certificate IV or higher in a Community Services or equivalent with demonstrated experience working with families in human services.
- Demonstrated experience in case management, case noting, assessment and referral, including professional report and letter writing.
- Experience working within a cross functional environment (multiple service delivery programs at one site) to achieve client focused outcomes, and organisational strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated practice to work autonomously, manage time effectively, set priorities, plan and organise workload
- High developed communication skills (listening, verbal and written), including the ability to establish rapport and maintain a positive relationship with clients and other service providers.
- Knowledge of the issues associated with homelessness, the influences and effects of the social environment and advocating with and on behalf of those who are disadvantaged.
- Advanced skills in a range of software packages, including MS Office suite, excel and data entry.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [HCSP– MB]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience for the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For more information please call Thanuja Hiripityage on 08 5831 4900.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close May 3 2020.