About the business
At ac.care, we want all country people to have a safe home, enough money to live on and strong, positive relationships.
We are a non-government organisation (NGO) and our values (CARE – Compassion, Adaptability, Relationships, and Excellence) underpin the work we do. Together, as one team we CARE to ensure all country people experience the same seamless and consistent service across all touch points in a welcoming and non-judgemental environment.
8% of ac.care staff are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and growing – you could be a part of that growth.
About the role
ac.care is seeking an experienced Diploma qualified Early Childhood Educator to work collaboratively as a team member within the organisation to provide secure, safe and stimulating care to children at Minya Porlar Creche, treating each child with respect and dignity and acknowledging the individual values of their families. As part of this you will:
- Assist Manager with planning and co-ordination of program activities.
- Identify and contribute to program/service delivery performance outcomes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of frameworks, policies, procedures and other resources to achieve outcomes.
- Design and deliver programs that provide a diverse and interesting range of experiences and routines appropriate and responsive to the needs of each child in care.
- Work effectively with the Manager and other members as part of ‘one ac.care team’.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the needs of children and their families through the provision of quality care which reflects an awareness of the safety and wellbeing of each child in a respectful, supportive, equitable and inclusive manner.
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Tertiary qualifications or a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) & National Quality Framework (NQF) requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in observing, programming and planning to meet children’s individual needs, including documenting children’s learning and development.
- Use of self-reflective practices that build understanding of how personal experiences shape values, beliefs and responses to children, families and colleagues.
- Experience in effective communication both oral and written with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds.
How to apply
You may apply via SEEK, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of your application:
- We strongly encourage you to include a covering letter addressing the listed position skills and experience within the Position Description. It is not necessary for you to address each of the skills and experience however you could highlight your transferrable key skills and experience.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for three (3) referees, two (2) of whom are/were a direct line manager.
- Subject line: Your full name – Recruitment Early Childhood Educator
Please head to our website at www.accare.org.au for a copy of the position description or for more information call Meredith Daniel on 08 8531 4918
Applications close 2nd November 2020
|Salary||$53,929 - $56,000|
|Award Level||CSA 4.1|