About the role
Seeking a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) to deliver Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) services to Families experiencing the stress of separation and/or divorce in relation to children’s matters and/or property & financial matters. The role is responsible for:
- undertaking assessments and screening for FDR
- facilitating FDR sessions, and developing parenting plans focusing on the care and well-being of children and assisting in the development of financial agreements,
- empowering parties to resolve their own issues,
- providing a range of information and referral services for clients and all members of the community,
- providing a service which is child-focused, respectful, tailored and appropriate to the individual’s and families’ circumstances and cultural needs.
Your Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary or formal qualifications in social work, psychology, law, or a relevant diploma level qualification or Certificate IV in a relevant discipline accompanied by significant experience in dispute resolution or family law.
- Accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Australian Attorney-General’s Department, or willingness to obtain.
- Knowledge of the Family Law Act 1975.
- Knowledge of the issues associated with family separation, including post-separation parenting; dispute resolution and mediation regarding children, financial and/or property matters.
- Excellent communication skills and conflict resolution, facilitation skills, applying confidentiality, professionalism and discretion.
- Solution-focused, with high attention to detail; good research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities; and the ability to work well under pressure.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email: email@example.com
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [FDRP – MTG]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Please head to our website at www.accare.org.au for more information and a copy of the position description or call Rachael Barrett on 08 8721 3500
Applications close 15 November 2020.
|Annual Leave||5 weeks|
|Salary Packaging Benefits||Maxxia|