About the role
ac.care are seeking a Foster Care Recruitment, Assessment and Training Worker to actively recruit, assess and train prospective carers and provide ongoing support, training and education to existing carers.
The role is responsible for:
- The planning and co-ordination of program activities e.g. foster care recruitment strategies.
- Conducting assessments on prospective carers and facilitating access to education and training for prospective and approved foster carers.
- Developing foster carers with the skills and knowledge to provide a safe care environment promoting the positive development of children and young people.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary or formal qualifications in Social Work, Human Services, Training and Education or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge applying the SBS2017 assessment tool and the Winangay assessment tool.
- Experience in project management, including case management, assessment and referral.
- Experience in recruitment, selection, induction and facilitating training programs and presentations in an individual or group setting.
- Knowledge of the complexities of Aboriginal people in the Child Protection system, and ability to liaise with Aboriginal consultants and the wider Aboriginal community around cultural appropriateness of placements.
- Knowledge of community resources (e.g. Local Elders, community members and community groups).
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Qualified facilitator in: Safe Environments for Children and Young People, Shared Lives orientation training (Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies – ACWA).
- Accredited user of the Step By Step 2017 Foster Care assessment tool.
How to apply
You may apply through the website below, SEEK or email: email@example.com
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [FCRAT – LC]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For a copy of the position description click on the link below or call Sherri Winter on 08 8724 500
Applications close 10 March 2021
|Annual Leave||5 weeks|
|Salary Packaging Benefits||Maxxia|