About the role
ac.care is seeking a Homelessness Case Manager to work collaboratively as a team member within the organisation to deliver a service to clients currently living in short term transitional housing and supported housing across eastern regional South Australia.
The Case Manager is responsible for providing case management support to all clients including adults and children, by creating individual case plans to meet their needs. The role provides support by offering outreach appointments, referrals, advocacy, and information sharing with key service providers within the local community.
The role will promote the positive development of adults and young people ensuring their needs are met.
- $41.52 per hour
- Full time (Backfill – end June 2024)
- Ongoing employment arrangements
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 11% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Life experience or relevant understanding, knowledge through previous appointments of Aboriginal culture, today’s issues and the impact Australia’s shared history still has on Aboriginal people today.
- Tertiary or formal qualifications e.g. Certificate IV or higher in a Community Services field, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills, and 4 years relevant experience, expertise and competence attained through previous appointments.
- Knowledge of community resources (e.g. Local Elders, Community Members and Community groups).
- Demonstrated experience in working with and being sensitive to the needs of others, in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment, acting with diplomacy, tact, empathy, privacy and confidentiality e.g. vulnerable communities, low income earners, homelessness, cultural groups and/or disadvantaged members of the community.
- Knowledge of the issues associated with homelessness, the influences and effects.
- High developed communication skills (listening, verbal and written), including the ability to establish rapport and maintain a positive relationship with clients and other service providers.
- Current SA driver’s licence ‘Class C’ or interstate equivalent.
- Current Satisfactory Working with Children Check (WWCC) or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
- Current Satisfactory National Police Check or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
- Child Safe Environment Certificate or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
- ac.care requires all new employees to hold a valid COVID-19 Vaccination or have an approved Medical Exemption as defined by the Emergency Management COVID-19 Direction 2021. If you do not have a valid COVID-19 vaccination and are not willing to get a COVID-19 vaccination you may be deemed ineligible for the position.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email: email@example.com
In support of your application please:
Subject line: (Your Name): HCM – MB
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience highlighted in the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Applications close 30th November 2023.
|Award Level||L4 SCHADS|
|Salary||$41.52. per hr|
|Superannuation||11% employer contribution|
|Length of position||6 months|