About the role
ac.care is seeking a Family Relationship Counsellor & Group Facilitator to work collaboratively as a team member amongst the Family and Relationship Service with an aim to strengthen families, provide counselling and education workshops.
The Family and Relationship Counsellor and Group Facilitator will be responsible for providing counselling services face to face and over the phone as required to help clients deal with relationships, conflict, parenting, separation, blended families, communication or any other feelings and/or experiences.
The role will also provide educational workshops for parents, adults, children and young people experiencing family separation issues and/or relationship challenges through a culturally safe approach.
As part of this you will:
- Provide professional counselling and relationship education to individuals, couples and families based on a facilitative model within a child-inclusive framework
- Provide a high quality service and contribute to quality outcomes by providing advocacy and referral services to address the client’s needs.
- Ensure all forms of communication occur in a manner which is timely, clear, helpful, culturally sensitive and accurate, and demonstrates confidentiality where appropriate.
- Responsible for managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising own work.
- Provide specialist advice and report on relevant issues to senior management.
- Work effectively on an interpersonal level with community members, staff and system wide agencies and organisations, developing and fostering productive relationships.
- Actively promote and advocate Cultural awareness and Inclusive practices.
- $39.26 per hour
- 8FTE (60.8hrs per fortnight)
- Fixed Term
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits
- 5% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Bachelor) in a relevant human service field; or
- working towards such a qualification; or
- less formal qualifications with specialised skills, 4 years relevant experience, expertise and competence attained through previous appointments.
- Experience in professional counselling working with children and families, including knowledge of counselling theories, techniques, case management, case noting, and assessment and referral processes.
- Ability to work therapeutically with adults, children and young people, applying mental health intervention strategies, suicide crisis management and safety plans, and family violence risk assessments.
- Experience working with people from culturally and linguistically Diverse (CALD) and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
- Experience and knowledge in child focused practice and principles, including child development and attachment, the effects of trauma and abuse, attachment issues and behaviour management.
- Working knowledge of Community Services, resources and referral pathways available to assist clients, throughout the Limestone Coast Region of South Australia.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [FARS Counsellor – MTG]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experiencethe position description.
- Include a current CV/Resumewith contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Please click here for a copy of the position description or for any additional information call Dianne Doll on 08 8721 3524 .
Applications close 31 March 2023.
|Salary||$39 per hour|
|Award Level||L4 SCHADS|
|Superannuation||10.5% employer contribution|