About the role
ac.care is seeking Residential Care Workers to deliver a 24 hour service to young people who have been placed under Guardianship of the Chief Executive. The role focuses on positive development of children and young people, ensuring their needs are met through building healthy, supportive relationships and role-modelling appropriate behaviour within professional boundaries. As part of this you will:
- Contribute to the provision of direct care to children and young people by maintaining a high level of care, safety and supervision.
- Contribute to development of young people through Therapeutic Crisis Intervention principles and trauma-informed intentional practices.
- Work collaboratively as a team member on a 24/7 shift with day, afternoon and active and passive (sleeping) night shifts.
- Be available to work a minimum of three (3) shifts per week.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Minimum or working towards Certificate IV in Child, Youth & Family Intervention.
- Knowledge of the effects of trauma and abuse, attachment issues and behaviour management in relation to children in care.
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality and privacy, including principles around sharing information about children and families.
- Ability to remain child-focused and respond rather than react when young people are in crises.
Job criteria prior to commencement:
Including but not limited to:
- Over 21 years of age.
- Have a right to live and work in Australia.
- Current SA driver’s licence ‘Class C’ or interstate equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of the statutory psychological suitability assessment (PSA). For further information visit www.psychcheck.com.au/services/psychological-suitability-screening.
- Valid Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
- Current Child Safe Environment Certificate or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [RCW – MTG] or [RCW – MB]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For more information please call Sandra Manser on 08 87245432 (Mt Gambier) or Michelle Toogood on 08 85314901 (Murray Bridge).
Applications close 17 March 2021.
|Job Category||Casual, Part-time|
|Salary||$28-35. per hr|
|Superannuation||10% employer contribution|
|Other||Fleet vehicles provided, training, coaching and mentoring|
|Ratios||2 staff/ 4 clients|