ac.care is seeking a Sessional Support Worker to support families by applying a child-centred approach through the facilitation of changeovers and supervising visits.
The role requires availability on weekends and to work as part of team to deliver high quality children contact services to families across the Limestone Coast.
As part of this you will:
- Work with vulnerable families to supervise and provide support, meeting the needs of children, young people and parents.
- Liaise and negotiate with clients applying a child centred approach.
- Build rapport with children who use the service and their parents.
- Participate in client reviews, internal audits and program service evaluations.
- Prepare communications and reports for management as required and record and maintain accurate data.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Certificate 4 or above and/or demonstrated experience in Social Work or a related field.
- High level of communication skills including the ability to establish rapport and maintain a positive relationship with clients.
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality and privacy, including the principles of sharing information about children and families.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate, liaise and negotiate with clients.
- Ability to work with vulnerable families and be sensitive to the needs of others
including children and young people, in a welcoming and non-judgmental.
How to apply
You may apply through the website below, or SEEK, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [SSW – MTG]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For a copy of the position description click on the link below or call Juliann Jordan on 0419264857.
Applications close 24 Jan 2021
|Salary||$35.5 per hr (Inc. 25% ldg)|