Mount Gambier: Foster Care Program Manager
6 month Short Term Contract
ac.care is seeking a Program Manager to provide supervision to home based care staff in the Limestone Coast. The Foster Care Program Manager will ensure that contract compliance, program performance and quality objectives are delivered. As part of this you will:
- Contribute to the successful development and implementation of continuous improvement to the Foster Care program
- Actively identify deficits in the service and assist in strategies to address them
- Ensure the team is effectively and proficiently operating in accordance with Service Agreement and stakeholders standards
- Ensure a high level of responsiveness and quality service outcomes are maintained including the overseeing of the development of crisis management plans where appropriate
- Support manager in recruitment, management and development of appropriately trained staff
- Ensure volunteer caregivers are supported, supervised and skills developed
- Provide accurate statistical data to stakeholders in a timely manner and ensure it is consistent with the requirements of an agreed management information system
- Full Time
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Social services Psychology or substantial progress towards one
- Knowledge of child development, attachment theory and the impact of trauma on children
- Leadership or management experience working in family and community services
- Experience engaging and working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including child protection and family law
- Understanding of Aboriginal, multicultural and social justice issues
- Initiative, reliability and motivation with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines while maintaining high professional standards.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email email@example.com
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [FCSPM– MTG]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Please head to our website at www.accare.org.au for more information and a copy of the position description or call Angela Wheeler on 8724 5422 for more information.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 26 January 2020
Downloads: Position Description