Murray Bridge: Residential Care Workers (Casual positions available) | Child and Youth Support
(Child and Youth Support Workers)
ac.care is seeking residential care workers to work collaboratively in small teams to deliver a 24/7 service to young people who have been placed under Guardianship of the Chief Executive. The role focuses on positive development of children and young people, ensuring their needs are met through building healthy, supportive relationships and role-modelling appropriate behaviour within professional boundaries.
As part of this you will:
- Contribute to the provision of direct care to children and young people by maintaining a high level of care, safety and supervision for young people in our care.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the lives of children and young people and be eager to learn the latest techniques in therapeutic care.
- Contribute to development of young people through Therapeutic Crisis Intervention principles and trauma-informed intentional practices.
- Apply a client-focused service which is tailored and appropriate to the young person’s circumstances and needs.
- Work collaboratively, developing respectful and compassionate relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Prepare communications and reports for line management as required and keep accurate and appropriate documentation in accordance with program and funding body requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation, monitoring and reporting of program activities to determine their effectiveness and contribute to identifying strategies to address any deficits.
- Work collaboratively as a team member on a 24/7 shift with day, afternoon and active and passive (sleeping) night shifts.
- Be available to work a minimum of three (3) shifts per week.
Job criteria prior to commencement:
- Over 21 years of age.
- Have a right to live and work in Australia.
- Valid Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
- Current SA driver’s licence ‘Class C’ or interstate equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of the statutory psychological suitability assessment (PSA). For further information visit www.psychcheck.com.au/services/psychological-suitability-screening.
- Satisfactory completion of Strategies for Managing Abuse Related Trauma (SMART) Training.
- Current ‘Provide First Aid’ certificate or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
- Current Child Safe Environment Certificate or willingness to obtain in accordance with ac.care policy.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Currently have or willing to complete minimum Certificate IV in Child, Youth & Family Intervention or similar with support from ac.care.
- Knowledge of the effects of trauma and abuse, attachment issues and behaviour management in relation to children in care.
- Ability to understand how personal experiences shape values, beliefs and responses to children, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality and privacy, including principles around sharing information about children and families.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to remain child-focused and respond rather than react when young people are in crises.
- Ability to engage in reflective practice individually and collectively with your work team.
- Great oral and written communication skills, professionalism and excellent facilitation skills.
- Ability to use a range of software data management systems, including MS Office suite.
- $33-36 per hr plus shift loadings.
- Casual position
- 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
- Fleet vehicles provided for transporting clients.
- Training to work within a therapeutic model of care incorporating Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and trauma-informed, intentional, client-centred practice.
- Development, coaching and mentoring through regular practice forums with a clinical psychologist, line manager and other experienced staff to learn new techniques to therapeutically respond to individuals with complex needs.
- Staff to client ratios are based on individual client needs (usually 2 staff/4 clients).
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK or email email@example.com
In support of your application please include in your email:
- Subject line: Your Name: [RCW – MB].
- a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience of the position description.
- Include a current resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For more information call Michelle Toogood (Murray Bridge) on 85314900.