Payroll Relief Officer
3 Month Relief Contract Position
38hrs p/w for 12 weeks beginning 23 March 2020
$30.62 per hour
About the role
ac.care is seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to work collaboratively as a team member providing leave coverage to maintain the delivery for payroll services to over 220 Staff across the Adelaide Hills, Limestone Coast, Murraylands and Riverland.
As part of this you will:
- Assist manager with planning and co-ordination of payroll activities
- Keep accurate and appropriate documentation and statistical data in accordance with Finance and Payroll requirements
- Deliver a wide range of activities associated with the end to end payroll function
- Apply computing programming knowledge and skills in systems development, maintenance and implementation under the direction of the Budget and Payroll Officer
- Actively promote and role model the ac.care values of Compassion, Adaptability, Relationships and Excellence and contribute to positive organisational change, effective communication and continuous improvement at ac.care
- Ensure confidentiality and security of employee data
- Responsible for managing time, setting priorities, planning, and organisation of own work.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner
- $30.62 per hour
- Full Time – 3 month contract position
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary or formal qualifications in Payroll Administration or related field and/or four (4) years demonstrated experience attained through previous appointments.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and being sensitive to the needs of others, in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment, acting with diplomacy, tact, empathy, privacy and confidentiality.
- Highly developed numerical and data entry skills.
- Demonstrated experience in operating a computerised payroll system.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, plan and organise workload, and achieve staff and payroll specified outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding, interpretation and implementation of payroll legislation and processes, including but not limited to industrial agreements, awards and relevant legislation.
- High attention to detail, good research, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to use a range of software packages, including MS Office suite.
How to apply
You may apply by emailing email@example.com
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [RRO – MTG]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience relating to the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resumewith contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Please call Robyn Ashby on 8725 5477 for more information.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 8 March 2020.