ac.care supports foster carers in country South Australia throughout the Limestone Coast, Murraylands, Murray Mallee, Adelaide Hills and Riverland. At ac.care we recognise and respect the valuable role foster carers have in our communities and we want to make sure you receive the support from us to help you in your foster care journey.
When you become a foster carer with ac.care you will receive:
- Support from a Placement Support worker case worker that is tailored for your household needs and dynamics.
- Support during office hours, including a minimum of 8 weekly home visits.
- Telephone support from a member of the foster care team at any time day or night.
- Opportunities for respite care for the child/ren you care for when you need a break
- Opportunities connect face to face with other foster carers in your local region
- All foster carers are provided with financial reimbursement to cover the basic expenses of caring for a child. More information about this can be found on https://www.childprotection.sa.gov.au/children-care/information-foster-and-kinship-carers/carer-support-payments
- Opportunity for 1:1 support with a clinical psychologist.
- Social activities throughout the year to celebrate you as a foster carer