Berri: Family Support Worker
6-9 month Parental Leave Backfill
About the role
ac.care is seeking a Family Support Worker to work collaboratively as a team member to provide Support to disadvantaged and vulnerable families in the Riverland. The Family Support Worker will support parents to develop positive and secure relationships with their children. As part of this you will:
- Apply a case work service to complex and vulnerable families which is client centred, respectful, tailored and appropriate to the clients
- Apply the highest level of ethical practice, including accountability and confidentiality
- Ensure all forms of communication with adults and children occur in a manner which is timely, clear, helpful, culturally sensitive, and demonstrates privacy where appropriate
- Ensure the quality of service delivery through active participation in supervision and training, to ensure services provided are ethical, of a high standard and fulfil the requirements of the Service Agreements
- Work collaboratively, developing respectful and compassionate relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes
- Responsible for managing time, setting priorities, planning and organisation of own work.
- Keeping accurate and appropriate documentation in accordance with program and funding body requirements
- $60,000 – $65,000
- Full Time
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary or formal qualifications in Social Work, Human Services and/or substantial relevant experience (4 years or more), attained through previous appointments.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in case management, case noting, and assessment and referral processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with families and children within a community service environment.
- Highly developed communication skills listening, verbal and written
- A sound understanding of complex social issues affecting families and their impact on individuals and communities
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, reporting and implementing Work Health and Safety procedures and initiatives for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Highly developed computer literacy (email, word processing, and database
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: FSW – RL
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For more information and a copy of the position description or call Brooke Wilson on 08 87213517
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 22 Jan 2020
Downloads: Job Description