Early Childhood Educator
$50,000 – $55,000
About the role
ac.care is seeking an Early Childhood Educator to work collaboratively as a team member within the organisation to provide secure, safe and stimulating care to children at Minya Porlar Creche, treating each child with respect and dignity and acknowledging the individual values of their families. The role will promote a warm and inclusive environment for children, and provide quality education and care services for children and families, as well as lead and support fellow educators. As part of this you will:
- Assist the Assistant Director/Director in the development and implementation of sustainable business development plans, strategies and systems, including planning and co-ordination of program activities.
- Identify and contribute to program/service delivery performance outcomes.
- Design and deliver programs that provide a diverse and interesting range of experiences and routines appropriate and responsive to the needs of each child in care.
- Work collaboratively, developing respectful and compassionate relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Responsible for managing time, setting priorities, planning, and organisation of own work.
- Actively support co-workers in the provision of quality child care that meets the needs of individual and groups of children and supports their learning in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of people and families from a variety of backgrounds including vulnerable communities.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment is maintained for both staff and children in the provision and maintenance of optimum health and safety conditions.
- Actively provide each child individual attention and comfort as required and under direction work with individual children with particular needs.
- Full Time
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications or a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) & National Quality Framework (NQF) requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in observing, programming and planning to meet children’s individual needs, including documenting children’s learning and development.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and being sensitive to the needs of children, parents or guardians in a welcoming and non-judgemental environment, acting with diplomacy, tact, empathy, privacy and confidentiality e.g. ability to convey a feeling of security, care and flexibility in a positive, sensitive and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication (listening, verbal and written), with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds including the ability to establish rapport and maintain a positive relationship which respects and promotes cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and manage change and assist others through the change process e.g. new children to the crèche e.g. Ability to assist others with tasks and duties.
- Demonstrated practice working in a team environment, managing time effectively, setting priorities, planning and organising workloads and that of other staff and/or students where supervision is required.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email email@example.com
In support of your application please email:
- Subject line: Your Name: [ECE – MB]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience relating to the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
For further information please call Meredith Daniel on 08 8531 4918.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 12 July 2020.