The Opening Doors program is for Aboriginal young people and young adults aged 15 to 25 living in the Riverland when you are not coping with things in your life. You can access the program yourself or someone working with you can refer you to the program.
Opening Doors can help you with a range of flexible and individual support services:
- support to manage yourself and health care
- support to assist you with motivation, behaviour, communication and self-esteem
- daily living skills such as household budgeting, cooking etc
- support to access and participate in community activities and services
- support to nurture family and personal relationships and social networks
- support to undertake educational and vocational activities including volunteering
- advocacy and support to meet legal requirements
Please note - Opening Doors is not a crisis response nor does it have any form of housing.
For more information phone 8580 5300 or call into ac.care's Berri office, 5 Kealley St, Berri
Referring agencies - please phone 8531 4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information relating to the program
Opening Doors is funded by Country Health SA and the Department of Families and Communities-(DFaC's). The program is a partnership between:
- Housing SA
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service-(CAMHS)
- Country Health SA
- Riverland Adult Mental Health Service
- Department of Families and Communities-(DFaC's).