Youth Homelessness Services Development Officer
$77,000 – $82,000
About the role
ac.care is seeking a Youth Homelessness Services Development Officer to help ac.care achieve its objective of offering young people at risk of becoming homeless the opportunity to fulfil the potential and move towards an independent and positive future.
As part of this you will:
- Co-ordinate and lead the successful scoping, design, delivery and evaluation of youth homelessness prevention initiatives for rural young people
- Support young people to build their connections within local communities
- Support the co-ordination and submission of bids and tenders to secure contracts with local and state government
- Using results from an action research project using intensive support model assist in the development of skills to transition to long term independent housing
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving referral pathways within the region
- Contribute to, and supportive of, young people’s involvement in ac.care services
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of people and families from a variety of backgrounds
- Full Time
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Degree, associate diploma or Qualification in Social Work, Social Sciences or Community Services field)
- Experience in designing and developing ideas and solutions to address social issues
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience working within a community development and community capacity framework
- Proven experience working with young people in out-of-home care and those at risk of homelessness
- Delivery of outcomes in a deadline driven work environment
- High attention to detail, good research, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- High degree of competence in MS word, Excel, Power Point and database
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email email@example.com
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [YHSDO – MTG]
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experiencethe position description.
- Include a current CV/Resumewith contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Please head to our website at www.accare.org.au for more information and a copy of the position description or call Trish Spark on 08 7725 3000 for more information.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 1 March 2020.