$30-33 per hr (Part Time)
WOULD you like to be part of a dynamic regional SA team focused on providing quality services for country people?
ac.care is seeking an experienced Financial Counsellor to work collaboratively as a team member in Murray Bridge to deliver services to people who are experiencing financial difficulties. The role will support clients to (re)gain control of their finances and provide access to specialised services to deal with problems arising from debt. As part of this you will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of frameworks, policies, procedures and other resources to deliver quality financial counselling programs.
- Work collaboratively, developing respectful and compassionate relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Support clients through the provision of information, resources and referrals based on their financial situation.
- Apply a case work service which is client centred, respectful, tailored and appropriate to the individual’s circumstances and needs e.g. develop and implement viable action plans and strategies to address consumer debt issues for immediate and longer term action.
- Prepare communications and reports for line management as required and keep accurate and appropriate documentation (case notes) and statistical data in accordance with program and funding body requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation, monitoring and reporting of program activities to determine their effectiveness and contribute to identifying strategies to address any deficits.
- Provide support and assistance to community based initiatives in consumer debt advocacy.
Your Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling) or Diploma of Financial Counselling
- Relevant experience working in financial services and/or counselling or similar role
- Case management success and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to build strong relationships with a range of different stakeholders
- Great oral and written communication skills and excellent facilitation skills applying confidentiality, professionalism and discretion
- Solution-focused, resilient, with strong time management and organisational skills
- High attention to detail, good research, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to use a range of software data management systems, including MS Office suite.
- $30-33 per hr
- Part Time
- Five (5) weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging benefits and 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
How to apply
You may apply through SEEK, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In support of your application please:
- Subject line: Your Name: [FC – MB]
- a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and addressing the essential qualifications and experience of the position description.
- Include a current CV/Resume with contact details for two (2) referees, one (1) of whom is/was a direct line manager.
Please call Meredith Nelson on 08 8531 4917 for more information.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Sunday 31st May 2020.